Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thinking, of course.

So the past few nights have been really great. I'll give you a brief of each:

-Wednesday night Audrey and I went 'power walking'. We ended up walking all over the freaking town talking, laughing and re-writing songs. Hahaha.

-Thursday night me, Shelbie, Audrey and Blanca made T-shirts for our homecoming float. It was hilarious and fun and as we're making our beautiful shirts it starts pouring rain like crazy.

-Friday was homecoming, so naturally it was just a really great day at school. Then was the pep-rally which was very fun and the video basically killlled me it was so funny! Afterward, we got all ready to ride on the float but Audrey's mom couldn't take us and we were late, so we ended up running to the Baptist parking lot in 'MIZZU' letter jackets and the like. It was pathetic, but memorable. Haha.
Riding the float was pretty fun, as well. Except, we ran out of candy and all the kids started BOOING us! How nice, right? Anyway, the game was pretty much fun and then my friends stayed at my house for the night. GOOD DAY!

-Saturday (today) we slept late. And then got all ready and went to Abilene with my sister. She got her haircut and we rocked the mall for like...all day. Haha, it was great and Dante's Pizza is amazing. Just saying.


So that about raps it up. BUT, that is pretty much only the Introduction of my blog, so just get ready!

Today Shelbie, Audrey and I went for a walk. It was cold outside, and we all LOVE coldness so we decided we should walk through it. :) Anyway, we were talking about how we only have three years left. Not even three whole years. What happens after High school? Do we promise to stay in touch, but slowly drift apart? Or do we do as everyone hopes and stay in touch forever?

It got me thinking about after high school, during high school, and everything in between.

None of this is going to matter!

When we all grow up and graduate college, get jobs, get married, start families and each pursue whatever it is we're looking for in life, it's not going to matter who the most popular guy was, or who was the prettiest girl.

No one is going to care who was the athlete, the nerd, or cheerleader.

All of this drama of 'You stole my boyfriend; You're two-faced; I'm prettier than you; We're cooler than y'all' and SO ON... is going to seem stupid, and we'll all be embarassed of the dumb things we did and said.

There is something bigger than all of this, out there for ALL OF US! Who knows if one of my classmates will be an upcoming president or work at Allsup's all of their life? There's no way to know, but whatever it is all of these stereotypes and cliques will fade and be laughed at.

So don't get super upset if someone looks down on you and thinks they're better. Don't be offended if you didn't make cheerleader or your not the best at sports. Usually those beautiful kids with their noses in the air are the ones that fall hard in life, and end up in the shelters. I'm just saying. ;)


Anyway, the things that WILL matter is who we actually are, underneath the uniforms we wear, the clothes that we buy and the label that's automatically pinned accross our foreheads.

We're going to look back and wonder, 'Am I PROUD of who I was?' 'Did I make the right decisions?' We will remember WHO WE WERE, not what we did, the friends we had, how many boys we dated or how much we hated 'so-and-so'.


So instead of worrying about who likes you and how cool you are, focus on what's really important and what you'll remember in the long run.


Will you be proud of who you are today? Will you be able to say that you tried your hardest at everything you did and always made the right decisions?

I want to be that person who is happy and successful and can look back and tell my kids, 'Maybe I wasn't the most popular girl in the school, or the best at everything, but I changed a lot of people's lives and made lots of people smile. And today, I can stand proud and say that I have no regrets and I wouldn't change a thing!'


Just remember that there is something bigger and better out there for you somewhere. And how you live your life today and in these years can effect if you achieve that or not. Remember what's important and don't get caught up in stupid high school drama. Because soon enough all of this will be gone and all you'll have to remember was who you changed and how you treated people.

:) [sorry about the length of this]

No comments: