Monday, October 5, 2009

Thoughts.

High school is much, much more difficult than everyone makes it out to be. By everyone, I mean those who are no longer or not yet in it! Kaitlyn's status on FB said something about all she had to do and how she was so stressed, and multiple college students left comments saying how high school is a breeze and they wish they could come back.

PUH-LEASE!

This is not directed to those who commented on the status. It's just directed to people, in general. Everyone thinks we have it SO easy but I have yet to see the easiness in my so-far-two-year-high school-experience.

Work all day, Volleyball, Homework all day and night.

Might I add this "homework" is NOT simple stuff. We're dealing with some difficult classes here. I mean, individually they're not so bad, but when you put all of the work together, it adds up kids!


Now for the point.


I think I'm taking my life for granted. I'm coasting through without ever 'stopping to smell the roses'.

During school and homework, I focus on school. I count down the days, looking forward to the weekend. I've already got a countdown to not only christmas break, but SUMMER. During Volleyball, I only focus on that. Getting better in each position and looking forward to the next game.

Constantly I think of my future and how much I'll be able to express myself, once out of high school and into "the real world".

But why not now?

WHY does everyday have to be the same? WHERE IS THE FUN IN MY LIFE?! Haha, but really. I'm a freaking teenager and I should be living it up! Also while focusing on God, grades and sports of course.

But still. I think that it's time I start focusing my life ONE DAY AT A TIME. I have it so much better than so many people, and I think sometimes I forget to stop and think about how wonderful my life really is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm constantly talking to God, thanking Him for certain things, begging Him for others. But it's important to realize that our lives are happy and it's all thanks to HIM that we're so freaking blessed.




This blog is a mess. It's pretty much my brain unravelled. Just some thoughts I needed to get out.

-Goodnight!

No comments: