Friday, March 6, 2009

Today I went on a bike ride with Shelbie and Audrey. We went late in the day, so it felt really good outside. it was amazing. Besides the many many times that I almost ran into a pole, ditches, and the occasional 18-wheeler.

However, it couldn't be a simple little laid back, worry free bike ride. Oh no!

Somewhere along the way, we decided to go to Audrey's to pig out on ice cream. The moment we arrived, it basically became dark out.

It was at this moment that I felt my pockets, and felt NOTHING. Meaning-- somewhere on our journey my phone had been left behind.

After a small freak-out session, I calmed myself down and thought where it could be.

"The park!" I gasped.

(We had stopped at the park to simply slide once, and then we were on our way.)

"That's right!" they recalled, "You left it on the steps!"

So, while picking up my bike to head back to the park, they looked at me shocked. "We can't go back now." said Audrey, "It's dark! I'll just get my mom to drive us."

However, I was NOT going to let that happen. If so, Audrey's mom would have despised me from then on! (It's kind of a long story).


Anyway.

Shelbie's mom didn't want her riding out in the dark, and they didn't want to ride all the there and all the way back so I had to ride to the park...in the dark!

Ah. It was kinda scary, yet fun at the same time.

Luckily, my phone was there!

Oh, and I didn't die. Obviously.


The End.


P.S. Tomorrow is my first track meet of the season.


BUTTERFLIES.

No comments: